At ViaAir, we still believe that Air Service is a service and not just means of transportation. Our experienced team understands that client satisfaction and community support are critical to the creation of a successful flight operation. We pride ourselves at being more than just transportation; as such we always go above and beyond as proven in our excellent client satisfaction rate.
Has a full understanding of the following with respect to the Company’s operation:
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Operations Specifications
- All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements
- General Operations Manual
- Must discharge duties to meet applicable legal requirements and to maintain safe operations.
- A Chief Pilot, he must have at least three years’ experience as pilot-in-command of a large airplane operated under 14 CFR Part 121 or Part 135.
- Reviews revisions to the Airplane Flight Manual issued by the aircraft manufacturer and incorporates changes into Company manuals.
- Serves as a direct supervisor to all Flight Crewmembers; and provides counseling and discipline, as necessary.
- Supervises all line activities in the Flight Operations Department.
- Observes flights periodically to ensure pilot compliance with performance standards and Company policies and procedures.
- Distributes all required publications, manuals and charts.
- Governs Crewmember compliance with medical examination and FAA certificate requirements.
- Reviews and resolves flight operations issues arising from operational irregularities.
- Ensures Crewmember appearance, attendance and personal conduct are in compliance with Company policy.
- Coordinates with Flight Standards and the Flight Training Manager to manage Flight Crew training and checking programs.
- Knows applicable Flight Operations manuals, Operations Specifications and Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to Company operations.
- Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of Via Airlines
- Develops safe and efficient operational procedures.
- Selects and directly supervises flight deck personnel.
- Selects Fleet Captains and Check Airmen as necessary to assist in maintaining procedural standardization.
- Makes decisions that affect the safety and/or security of aircraft operations.
- Makes safety risk acceptance decisions based on risk analysis.
- EMB 145 or EMB 120 Experience as an Instructor or Check Pilot
- Previous experience as a Part 119 Chief Pilot or Director of Operations under Part 121 or Part 135